We received many questions about RigER Cloud Security. It’s time to answer most frequent of them.
RigER developed on 1C:Enterprise platform. 1C:Enterprise is a universal cloud and on premise system of programs for automating a company’s financial and wider operational activities. 1C:Enterprise has the breadth of capability to address the diverse needs of today’s business. This is achieved through “configurability” – the ability to customize the system based on the specific needs of companies and their business processes.
1C:Enterprise Platform offers the following advantages:
- Drastically reduces technological complexity, ergonomics, and performance issues of enterprise software systems.
- Allows power users to implement specific business processes.
- Speeds up and standardizes business application development, customization, and support.
- Provides complete openness of UI and solution code, which allows better understanding and modification of business processes.
- Is ready for integration with third-party systems.
- Supports web-services, ODBC, COM, and so on.
- Supports your preferred architecture: Windows/Linux, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, and Oracle DB.
- Includes on-premise or managed hosting web-based delivery, as well as Web, tablet, or Windows client.
RigER Cloud enables worldwide access on a variety of client devices that run a variety of operating systems. At the same time clients can use devices with low computing power and mobile devices. Users can opt not to install RigER software on their devices, or can install a thin client, which has low computing power requirements.
All major computations and application logic are executed in a RigER server cluster, which ensures scalability, fault tolerance, dynamic load balancing. The server cluster can be extended with a SaaS infrastructure, which enables provisioning of applications to clients in the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model, consumption management, general service administration, and more.
The cloud allows customers to reengineer their business processes as applications provide additional functionality, and completely removes the necessity to manage IT infrastructure. RigER as a cloud platform consists of the following services and technologies:
- HTTP (HTTPS) connection to applications, which ensures worldwide access over the Internet.
- Web client eliminates the need to install an application to a client computer. It provides access to applications from a variety of devices, even mobile ones.
- Fault-tolerant and scalable server cluster supports a large number of concurrent users.
- Multitenancy support, which is powered by data separation platform feature, enables the use of a single application instance by multiple customers.
- SaaS infrastructure enables software-as-a-service provisioning of 1C:Enterprise applications. Application vendors can manage SaaS delivery of their applications, providing web access to customers. This model eliminates installation, update, hardware and software costs for customers, as they only pay for using the service.
There are two typical scenarios of using RigER cloud technologies:
- Private cloud
- Public cloud (SaaS)
The cryptography feature allows RigER to perform cryptographic operations while processing InfoBase data. This functionality does not contain proprietary implementations of cryptographic algorithms. Instead, it provides a set of objects for interaction with external third-party cryptographic modules (cryptographic service providers). On the Windows operating system, CryptoAPI is used to interact with cryptographic service providers. RigER can therefore interact with any cryptographic service provider that supports CryptoAPI.