Join the growing RigER team!
Position: Software Analyst (Support and QA)
Location: Calgary, AB, CAN
Driven by the objective to keep RigER service and product quality at highest level, Software Analyst is acting as users’ advocate and is responsible for product testing, description, and client support.
We are looking for a very positive and collaborative team player to join RigER Development Team. Software Analyst will work within the product managers, software architects and developers to validate requirements, and verify software and system functionality. You will identify and document defects, help resolve critical issues in the software, and challenge specifications of features, especially if the issue may be a problem in the field. This role requires a solid understanding and utilization of all QA best practices, product description and advance soft skills.
- 2+ years of experience in Manual Software QA & Testing, mobile and web-based systems, communication and networking protocols.
- 2+ years of experience designing and executing various types of testing methodologies, such as Smoke, System, Functional, Integration, Acceptance and Regression.
- Automation experience plus Performance, Scalability, Load and Usability testing experience would be an asset.
- Positive team player who prides themselves on delivering high quality work
- Self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, who is willing to take the initiative in finding answers in a timely manner, sometimes with little direction
- Experience with SCRUM methodology and QA Process best practices
- Experience testing multiple integrated products within an Agile project environment
- Ability to estimate issues and track time allocated to tasks when required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks well simultaneously
- Creativity with testing, and thinking outside normal test case parameters
- Any other duties as requested by Supervisors and Managers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills
- Strong teamwork skills and collaborative attitude
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Problem solving and problem reduction skills
- Ability to work with all stakeholders to transform vague customer support requests to clear, concise, and detailed tickets that can be easily actioned on by teams across Fresnel
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Empathy, customer focused
- Experience with JIRA, 1C, RingCentral, Zoom tools would be an asset, as would field & integration testing of hardware and web/mobile-based applications.
- Ensuring all items assigned are tested and ready for production (accountability)
- Clearly communicating the status of tasks as required at regular stand-up meetings, both within your team and to your direct report
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases based on feature requirements
- Ability to execute and maintain test cases prepared by yourself or others
- Comfortable showcasing new functionality to stakeholders in the form of a demo (public presentation)
- Provide detailed feedback to developers on issues, and identifying discrepancies between requirements and actual results from testing
- Coordinate efforts with other QA team members to ensure adequate testing coverage has been accomplished
- Provide estimates on time required to plan, create and run test cases
- Troubleshoot failures in order to demonstrate repeatability, in an effort to improve test coverage
- Testing on multiple platforms to ensure compatibility
- Develop boundary, negative and edge case test scenarios as part of the coverage test suite
- Provide visibility into the progress of testing within each iteration, including defect maintenance
- Proper versioning and tracking of QA documents for audit purposes where necessary
- Make recommendations of UI/UE improvements and act as users’ advocate
- Support RigER end users by phone, email and online
- Prepare User Guide and Learning Center articles and videos
- Develop RigER Usage Best Practices
- Perform other operational duties as required
What we offer:
- Vibrant, dynamic and fast-moving work environment, where you will be able to grow as we grow
- Friendly, supportive and inspiring team working in a values-based culture
- The chance to make an impact on the digital oilfield technology is developing and going to market
- Comprehensive employee salary and benefits package for full time employees
Send your resume to hr (at) riger.ca